Thursday 25 February 2010

A visit to Benagalbón

Today I went to Benagalbón for the first time. It's a tiny little village some kilometros from where I live, up in the mountains. I fell in love with that village, it reminds me so much of the villages in the Alpujarras, in the province of Granada.

Here are some pictures, so you can see for yourself, what "typical Spanish" really means...


I went there with some of my friends, representing the inmigrant asociation, and we were invited to the typical breakfast of the area, bread with tomatoes, dry cod and lots ando lots of olive oil. ;-) My friends just couldn't stand all that oil, but me, as a true Spaniard, I was happily soaking my piece of bread in the oil. Yummie!!! I LOOOVE olive oil... :-D

3 greetings:

I notice the green potted plants and people(even if they have to wear coats and jackets) dining outside! How lucky your climate is much kinder and milder than mine at this time of year.

looks like a very romantic place... I would love to have a wedding reception in that place...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More