Thursday 28 January 2010

Getting fit for summer

I'm soooo fed up with the way I look. It's not just the weight, which actually is bad enough, it's the feeling I get every time I look at myself in the mirror. I really really do need a huge makeover!

My DS2, G aged 10, looooves my belly! He says it's like a pillow... Hrmmm.... I don't want to have a belly like a pillow.... It's time to stop crying about the way I look and DO SOMETHING about it!!!

Well, this is my plan. Since I'm still unemployed and get really bored and lazy at home I need to do some cardiac stuff to get my blood running and my energy back on high. I wish I could go to a gym, that would be fab, but I don't have any money so that is totally out of question. Doing crunches and abs is great excercise, but I know myself, I would only do that for a few days and then get bored and drop out. So this is what I will do: at least 3 days a week I'll take a power walk along the beach for one hour. That will give me enough fresh air to keep me running for a whole day. The second part of my plan is to get back into the habit of dancing at home. Last year I lost several kilos just dancing cumbias at home. I'll try to do at least 30 min every night after my kids go to sleep (otherwise they probably would roll on the floor laughing watching their mom imagine she's Shakira...) and if the weather is ugly in the morning another half an hour dancing instead of going down to the beach.

I found this place to keep track on your excecise: Feel Fit. So far I like it a lot. It's an easy way to keep track.

Any one else who wants to get fit for summer 2010?

0 greetings:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More