Saturday 22 January 2011

Teaching, I love it!

As most of you know I'm an unoficial teacher. I don't have a formal degree as a teacher, but I've been working as a teacher for many, many years. Since I don't have a degree I'm not allowed to work at a public nor private school, so I've decided to work at home, giving private classes. That's not really legal either, since I'm oficially unemployed, but what can I do? I need to work and I need to make money and teaching is what I do best. I don't want to lose my time doing stupid courses to learn how to talk on the phone or use a computer, I already know that. I want to make a living for me and my kids and that's all. Besides, I know that my students learn a lot coming to classes and that will make them better prepared for the future, so I'll keep on doing my classes until I get a "real job".

To me, teaching is a way of living and I guess I'm a bit fanatic about it sometimes. Poor my kids! *lol* But since I don't have any hobbies or a wild social life I spend a lot of time working... I read as much as I can and I make board games and stuff for my classes. I always try to learn better ways to teach my students the things they need to learn to become fluent in English, or at least get to a reasonable level. Unfortunately English is taught horribly here in Spain. Most teachers don't even have a decent pronunciation... So there's no wonder people here keep on saying "jappibirtay" and "jappijaloin"...

0 greetings:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More