Tuesday 4 January 2011

Swedish food

Just like any other expat there are some things I miss from the countries where I've lived. Some of the things I miss from Sweden are knäckebröd (which we can buy in some places in Spain nowadays), Kalles kaviar and black salty liqorice.

There are also lots of things that I don't miss from the countries where I've lived. Some of the things I definitely don't miss from Sweden are blodpudding (Yikes! I don't understand how people can eat blood....), pölsa and sweet brown beans...

My mom did bruna bönor & fläsk the other day. I did eat a little bit because I usually LOOVE beans, so much that a friend of mine calls me "Frejolita" (which is a Spanish nicknacme that comes from frijoles, frejoles or alubias in Spanish). I eat beans at least once or twice a week, in stews, soups and sallads, but I really don't get the idea behind SWEET beans... That's the way they eat brown beans in Sweden.



Luckily enough they serve the beans with a sort of bacon which I love, but unfortunately my belly as well since it's like 100% pure fat.... :-(

0 greetings:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More