Tuesday 23 November 2010

So little time, so much to do

Lately I'be been working like 12 - 15 hours a day. Since I lost my job and oficially became unemployed again, I've been working more than ever. It's funny how life is sometimes, isn't it?

At first I was terrified, wondering how we would survive without money, since I'm not entitled to any kind of benefits. Then I got angry... Losing my job was not my fault. I'm a great teacher! It wasn't my fault that the owners of the school where I worked didn't know how to make business. So I decided to try my luck as a private teacher...

I began October with only 2 students, then I had 4, then 5... At the moment I have 8 and I hope to have at least 15 by the end of January. I'm still not making ends meet but at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that things are improving and hopefully I will be independent financially within a few months.

My students are mostly kids, between 7 and 15 years of age, but this week I'll start teaching adults as well. Such a wide age range means that I had to make several groups and each group needs a whole different type of teaching. My 7-years old loves to play and his attention span only lasts for like 5 minutes. My 15-years old wants to learn as much as possible in as little time as possible. That means that I spend a lot of time planning my so far 13 hours of class a week. I also need to make my own materials since I try to make my classes different from what they do at school. Yes, I do work way too much right now, I know, but honestly I'm also having a ball! I just love what I do now and I'm really excited about being my own boss. I think I'm becoming a workaholic... But I'm happy...

0 greetings:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More