Today I payed my first order and I actually felt very proud of myself. The lady who explained how things work told me I ought to sell for at least 15 Euros to 20 persons each time, that way I'll start to make a profit. Oh my, I don't even know 20 women here yet!!!! And most people I know are unemployed, just like me, so they can't really afford to buy a lot of "unnecesary" stuff. But I managed to sell over the minimum and that's enough for me right now.
I know I'll make money out of this but it'll probably take me at least a few months. I managed to sell to 2 persons on my first order, and so far on this one I´ve sold to 4. Hopefully I'll sell to 8 or 10 the next time and so on... Babysteps, that's what it's all about...
In a few minutes it`s time for Earth Hour here in Spain. We are soooo prepared, my kids and I. I`m going to make dinner by the candles, sooo romantic! *lol* I can cook, since our stove is a gas stove. We made pop corn and we`re going to play dominó... It´s going to be so much fun!!!
Well, I´d better turn off the puter and all the other lights and electric devices, only a few minutes left...
1. How vein are you about how you look?
Oh, nowadays I'm very very concious about how I look. 2 years ago I couldn´t have cared less, but since then my life has changed completely and nowadays I know I'm worth feeling great about myself. So yes, I'm quite vein.
2. When you were little what was your favorite TV show?
Scooby Dooh, does that count? Or The Little House on the Prairie ... I just loved that series!!!!
3. If someone was going to make a movie or TV show about your life, who would play you and why?
I don´t know..... I can't think of anyone who looks like me...
4. Who is your favorite Major League Baseball team? How about your favorite player?
Duuuh?!? I don't even like baseball, I think it's a boring sport...
5. What is your favorite baseball-related movie?
I can't even think about any baseball-related movies I´ve watched... Nope, defintely not my cup of tea...
6. What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
When everything is darkness around you and you feel totally alone, someone will always appear with a light, as long as you leave a window open...
7. Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
My mom used to say I was an Inca princess, because of my black hair and really dark brown eyes, and that I would end up marrying an Inca prince. Well, who knows... *lol* Actually, I did look a bit like a native Inca when I was about 5 years old, but then both my hair colour and my eyes changed and now my hair is brown and my eyes are brown, yellow and green. *lol* I do think that Andine men are really handsome though....
8. How do you handle sticky situations? Do you have a method? If so, what is it?
I say a prayer and just breath deep for a few minutes and off I go.
9. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I'm sure they do and I don't really care. If people have nothing better to do, let them talk!
Next Saturday, the 27th of March, is Earth Hour Day. My kids and I are participating for the third year and we're really looking forward to that day. We're already preparing for the day, buying candles and thinking about ways to use less electricity and alternative ways to produce electricity. I think it's about time we all got a bit more concious about our poor planet, because if we don't, what will there be left for our grandchildren???? And participating is SOOOO easy!!! Just turn off all your lights and electrical devices for one hour, the Earth Hour. This hour begins at 8.30 P.M. and ends at 9.30 P.M. no matter what time zone you're in. It's as simple as that!!!! Take a look at the international site to see if your country has joined the "darkness". *lol*
The Earth Hour is organized by WWF and this is what they say about Earth Hour on their official site:
March 27 2010 On this day at 8:30pm you will be able to simply, yet powerfully, demonstrate your Vote for Earth.
What is Earth Hour?
It is the single biggest mass-climate action ever seen.
What does it involve?
Simply turning off your lights for 1 hour. Earth's hour.
Are you interesting in your ancestry? Have you done any research on it? What tools do you use?
Yes, I´m really interested in knowing who my ancestors were. I´m sure I could learn a lot about life from that. I haven´t really done any research but relatives on my mothers side managed to go back about 150 years I think. The problems I have is that I have relatives in several countries and that makes research quite complicated...
I hope I´ll have time & money some day in the future to be able to do some serious research on my family.
Today I went to a party organized by the local radio station. They celebrated their first 100 programs.
They gave away t-shirts to conmemorate the event.
Since it was a Spanish party for Spaniards, they gave away free beer. Yummie!!!
There was a cooking contest... The winner was a chocolate cake.
They made paella...
Yummie! It looked sooooooo good... Unfortunately, I was too stuffed to be able to have another bite, so I didn´t have any paella.
The whole idea with the party was that everyone was to bring something and then invite everyone else, so we went from one table to another, asking for a little something to taste. I ended up so stuffed I hardly could walk!!!!
It started to rain, but no problem. *lol* We just took the tables and put them with the cars and continued eating and drinking and having a great time!
Time for the cake!!!!! I had never had a pop corn cake before (pop corn and melted honey, it was delicious!!!!).
I was so stuffed when I got home, I had to take a nap... *lol* It really was a fantastic day.
1. Are you the type of person who jumps into new ventures or do you prefer baby steps?
I´m definitely the kind of person who just jumps right in, at times without even thinking about what I´m doing...
2. Who do you feel believes in you the most?
God.. *lol* And myself, of cause.
3. When was the last time you were on a stage?
A long long time ago.... :-( Once upon a time I dreamed about becoming an actress.
4. Tell us about the worst boss you ever had.
I haven´t really had a baaaad boss. I try to get along with most people. Well, once I worked one weekend at a Chinese restaurant and my female boss was a real bitch because she screamed at me in Chinese all the time and wanted me to know what to do....
5. If the NCAA Men's or Women's Final Four basketball tournament was played in your hometown arena or within easy driving distance from where you live, would you try to attend one the three games?
*lol* Say what..? No, actually, I´m not into going to games..
6. Of all the clothes you own, what do you feel most comfortable wearing, and why?
My jeans, the first pair I bought after returning to Spain. I love them because they look good on me and because it was the first thing I was able to buy here.
7. On what television show—either past or present—would you like to make to make a guest appearance, and what role would you play?
On Oprahs... And I´d be a famous Spanish writer whose latest novel just became a best seller in the US. ;-)
8. St. Patrick's Day is on Wednesday March 17th. Do you celebrate and wear green? Drink Green Beer? Ignore it?
Nope, I´m not Irish so no St. Patrick´s here... But I´d love to have green beer some day...
9. If a leprechaun told you that you could have any amount of money from his pot of gold but it had to be a specified amount for a specified item, how much would you ask for and what would it be for?
I´d ask for 10.000 euros so I could pay back what I owe and be able to start something of my own...
Today I was watching a Disney movie with my kids. It was one of those Christmas specials from a long time ago, when they still made the movies by hand. I just love those movies, I grew up watching Donald Duck learning how to play golf, Donald, Mickey and Goofy going camping, Donald taking photos of dancing & singing colibries... I defintely think those movies had more personality and charm than the movies of today, all made by computers and just plain "perfect"....
"Get your dog a sombrero" Funny phrase, isn't it???? Makes me think about Mickey going to Mexico, Mexicans taking a nap in the street, Speedy Gonzalez....
I have a cold, a really bad one... I haven't done much today. I can't wait for my kids to go to bed so I can get back into mine... *lol*
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
I consider myself a happy and positive person with a strange sense of humor. Throughout life I´ve been to hell and back several times so I really do know the dark sides of life, and I thank God every day for still being alive and being able to laugh about it. I seldom cry, instead I make jokes about the situation. I guess people think I´m a bit crazy and maybe too funny for my own good, but hey, they haven´t walked in my shoes so I don´t really care. Life is so short, you´d better try to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. ;-)
1. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile? My wonderful girl friends on MSN, my kids making jokes, reading some very special e-mails, Peruvian cumbias, a walk along the beach... Simple things really...
2. What's the biggest lie you've ever told? I don´t know, I hardly ever lie....
3. Do you hold a grudge? Nooo, I have such a bad memory. *lol* I get upset and angry really quickly, shout for a few minutes, let go of the steam and then I just don´t remember why on Earth I was yelling...
4. What is the worst job you've ever had? I worked in a chocolate factory for 6 months. It was boooooring! But I got really really good friends and I´m really thankful for that. One of them was an ex-prostitute from Thailand who taught me so much about love & life and that you can´t really judge nobody because you never know what goes on inside of his/her head and why he/she is doing whatever he/she is doing. I also made friends with a girl from Bolivia who introduced me to her friends and the Andine culture. They taught me to dance the cumbia. I´ve been hooked on Andine culture ever since.
5. What would be your dream job? Teaching Spanish in Peru. *lol* Or being a famous writer and be able to travel around the world.
6. What is the happiest event you've experienced? The birth of my kids. They were both sad moments as well, specially the birth of my oldest son. He was born with very severe meconium aspiration sindrome and the first thing the doctor told me was that he was not going to survive so I´d better not get attached to him. That´s definitely NOT what you want to hear...
7. What is the saddest thing you've experienced? Many many things... My granny passing away... She was like my mother to me and I still mis her terribly! My oldest son being ill for several years. My youngest son also being ill for several years...
8. Do you tend to exaggerate or underestimate? *rotflao* I´m Spanish, very very Spanish... And we´re famous for exaggerating.. Never ever trust a Spaniard, it´s not that we´re lying, we just tend to exaggerate a bit too much. *lol*
9. List the cars that you have owned. Give us just a few words about each one. I don´t even have a driver´s license so nooo, no cars here....